Port of Spain airport
Coldest airport in the world I have ever been to. Other than that, not a bad experience.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Piarco Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with three concourses and a decent variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available!
- Free WiFi is available. See in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Try the 24-hour restaurant upstairs. There’s a secluded area in the back, with hard wooden benches, big windows with views of the airfield, and bathrooms nearby.
- Thanks to the powerful air-conditioning, the airport can get downright freezing! Have a travel blanket, sleeping bag or warm sweater handy to stay toasty warm while sleeping.
- A sleeping bag or travel mat is also useful for added comfort against the hard floors and wooden benches!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- - Location: Airside, Ground Level. Hours: 5:00AM - last scheduled flight departure.
Free WiFi is available at Port of Spain Airport.
If sleeping in Piarco Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- - (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available
- - (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is departs every 30 mins between 4:00AM and 9:00AM and every hour thereafter until 12:00AM. The bus runs on the hour and half hour from the hotel to the airport and on the quarters from the airport to the hotel.
- - (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port of Spain Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Arcade - There are games available at Amusement Games Plus, Ground Floor.
- Art Exhibits – The walls of the arrival corridor features local art, history and culture.
- ATM’s / Cash Machines - Location: 1st Floor, landside.
- Banking Services - Banco de Reservas offers full-service banking. Location: 1st Floor, landside. Hours: 9:00AM - 12:00PM and 1:00PM - 5:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our section below.
- Currency Exchange – The First Citizens’ Bureau de Change, located near the Customs exit, or Millennium Finance - Cambio, located to the left of the staircase at Duty Free.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops selling souvenir type items.
- Food & Drink - Church’s Chicken is open 24 hours. Location: Landside, Ground Floor near Baggage Claim area. Other than that the airport offers a few other options, also on the Ground Floor. On the first level you will find Pizza Boys.
- Family Services – There is a kid’s zone in the airport.
- Information desk – Located in the main atrium and open 24 hours a day.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - The Left Luggage Counter is located next to the First Citizens’ Bureau de Change at the Customs Exit. Storage fee is $8.00TT per item/per hour or $15.00TT per day.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rentals are available at the airport. All car rental counters are located to the west of the custom’s exit in the north terminal. The following companies are available: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Econo Car Rentals • Exclusive Car Rentals • Kaloo’s Auto Rentals • Presto Car Rentals • Save-A-Lot Car Rentals • Singh’s Auto Rentals • Thriftys.
Bus: A bus stop is located in the arrivals area, and connects with the South Quay (City Gate) in Port of Spain. It runs Monday – Friday from 6:30AM to 8:15PM, every 15 minutes. Tickets can be purchased from a ticket machine located across from Ali’s Candy and Picaro Airport Florists.
Please visit site - Thai Curry Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Sausage Bake.